Here is our policy and the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about them:
What’s a Cookie?
Whenever you visit a website, your device downloads a few small files called “cookies.” The cookies are widely used to make online services work and operate more efficiently, and to provide the owners of the websites with information regarding the user experience and efficiency of the websites. The cookies also let the website recognise your device, this means it can remember your preferences, you can navigate between pages more quickly, as well as do a few other useful things.
Cookies serve many valuable purposes, but you may wish to not allow them or to limit their use. Most browsers allow you the ability to manage the cookies in a way that suits you by changing the browser’s settings. The settings of your browser should give you the ability to disallow cookies from sites on a site-by-site basis and to disallow cookies from sites that you do not trust. Please note that disabling cookies or other tracking technologies on our websites may diminish and/or disable some of the features or whole parts of our websites, and functionality may no longer work as intended.
Essential Website Cookies
The cookies listed below can’t be switched off in our system because Fantastic Services can’t function without them. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you such as a request for services, setting your privacy preferences, logging in, or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies but please remember that some parts of the site might not work without them.
- Google Tag Manager
- This cookie is associated with Google Tag Manager which we use to load scripts into our website pages.
- Cookie name – _dc_gtm_UA-85738809-1gtmUserIdgtm-customer
- This cookie is set by WordPress for performance optimization.
- Cookie name – No-cache wordpress_test_cookie phpsession
- Login/Register cookie
- user ID when user is logged in the Powells Window Cleaners account
- Cookie name – User-login
- Cookie name – Wa_session
- Cookie name – laravel_session
- Call tracker cookie
- MK/PPC/SMM campaigns are using cookies to track users by different phone numbers. If a cookie is disabled, no phone number will be displayed.
- Cookie name – calltracker
All information these cookies collect is aggregated and is therefore anonymous. They allow us to measure and improve the performance of our website by tracking traffic sources and counting the number of user visits. They also show us which pages are used the most and which the least and give us an insight into how visitors use and interact with our website. We won’t know if you are visiting our website, nor be able to detect and fix any problems you may experience while browsing it, if these cookies are disabled.
- Google Analytics
- Google Analytics gathers information allowing us to understand interactions with our websites and refine that experience to better serve you. Provided by Google Analytics
- Cookie names –
- Determines if the user’s navigation should be registered in a certain statistical place holder.
- Cookie name – _hjIncludedInSample
These cookies allow the provision of enhanced functionality and personalization, such as videos and live chats. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all these functionalities may not function properly.
- 3rd party chat software, added to websites https://www.freshworks.com/ provided by
- Cookie name – com_cfduid
Advertising (Targeting) Cookies
These cookies were set on our site by our advertising partners because they may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and to make advertising messages on other sites more relevant to you. They work by uniquely identifying your browser and device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will not experience our targeted advertising across different websites.
- Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers. Provided by facebook.com
- Cookie name – fr
- Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen. Tries to estimate the users’ bandwidth on pages with integrated YouTube videos. Registers a unique ID on mobile devices to enable tracking based on geographical GPS location. Provided by youtube.com
- Cookie names –
- Provided by twitter.com
- Cookie names –
Want to opt out? No problem…
You can opt-out of each cookie category, except Essentials cookies from Cookie Preferences Center.
Bear in mind that some of the website functionality could not work properly without cookies.
How Long Do Cookies Stay on Your Device?
There are two distinct types of cookies in terms of the time they remain on your device, and we use them both:
- Persistent cookies:
This type of cookie remains on your device until it expires, or you delete them, either manually or automatically. Please note that the expiration period for these cookies could vary from hours to unlimited time.
- Session cookies:
These only last for a single session. When you close your browser, they get deleted.
If you’re a user based in the European Union (E.U.) you can refuse to allow cookies to be placed on your device.
If you’re stuck, try consulting http://www.allaboutcookies.org for more information about all things’ cookie.
We may update our policy from time to time, to reflect the changes in technology, legislation, how we conduct and operate our business, or as otherwise necessary and appropriate. Whenever we make any changes, we’ll always notify you and post a clear notice here if this changes the way we interact with your personal information. We’ll post details of even the smallest changes here in any case.
Get Your Other Cookie Questions Answered
Feel free to get in touch if you’ve got any questions at all about our Cookies Policy. You can reach us by sending us an email at mailto:email@example.com.
Last updated on 02 May 2022