High Level Cleaning
What is High Level Cleaning?
High level cleaning is, as the name suggests, cleaning at high levels, for which we have a highly skilled and fully trained team who enjoy working at heights.
This type of cleaning requires either equipment or individuals at a height to enable cleaning of surfaces, whether internal or external.
Abseiling to clean windows or access platforms to clean cladding are two of the examples of high-level cleaning, however, there are other areas to consider, such as high internal walls, ceilings and equipment that are high too for standard cleaning.
The important things to consider here are the dangers of cleaning at these heights and the potential complications that may also exist, therefore it is vital that appropriate Health & Safety procedures, insurance, and training are provided.
High Level Cleaning Services
Any commercial cleaning at height is high-level cleaning, and can be broken down into two types:
External High Level Cleaning Services
External services would include the cleaning of premises externally where the cleaning needs to take place at height and would include but not limited to:
- Banner and signage cleaning
- Cladding & Façade cleaning
- Gutter cleaning
- Roof cleaning
- Solar panel cleaning
- Window cleaning
Internal High Level Cleaning Services
Internal services would include any commercial premises with high ceilings where cleaning needs to take place at height and would include but not limited to:
- Ceiling cleaning
- Cleaning of internal roofing
- Cleaning of light fittings
- Cleaning of structural steels
- Duct and conduit cleaning
- Internal cladding
- Light fittings
- Ventilation systems
- Wall cleaning
Types of Premises
Any commercial or industrial buildings or premises of height will require specialist high level cleaning services, some examples would include:
- Apartment blocks
- Car dealers
- Churches and community centres
- Cinemas and leisure complexes
- Distribution centres
- Historic buildings
- Large chillers and fridges
- Large retail outlets
- Manufacturing sites
- Office blocks
- Specialised structures
High Level Cleaning Procedures (AKA Health & Safety)
Due to the risks of working at height commercial cleaners must follow strict procedures to ensure the safety of staff, customers, and the public. The dangers should not be underestimated, hence why our team is highly trained and accredited professionally where appropriate.
Powells Window Cleaners procedures for high-level cleaning include:
- Carry out an inspection, survey the area to be cleaned, enabling us to assess what equipment will be needed and which cleaning products to be used.
- Highlight any areas of concern.
- Confirm what everything is made of.
- Agreed a day and time for work to be carried out.
- Equipment and cleaning solutions will be brought by the staff.
- Rest assured that we will minimise any interruption to your business, your working day, or to your clientele.
- We always ensure that at least two personnel are on-site.
- Additional inspection will be carried out once on site.
- Make sure the work area is safe.
- Cordon off the area for our team creating a safe space while preventing people coming to any harm.
- If required pavements will have divert signage set up ensuring a right of way is available to passers-by.
- We clean the higher levels first and work our way down to the lower levels.
- Should we discover any degradation of surfaces, we will of course make you aware.
- A final inspection checklist is completed to confirm everything has been completed.
- The cleaning equipment used for high level cleaning varies based on the premises, the type of surface to be cleaned and the actual height of the building.
Our high-level cleaning equipment includes:
- Ladders are easy to transport and use but can cause hazards at certain heights. We still use them but less so with the introduction of the pole system.
- Long Reach Poles and Water Fed Brushes can reach up to 80-feet and can be used to clean both internally and externally.
- Access Platforms AKA Cherry Pickers or Aerial Platforms include Vehicle Mounted Access Platforms and One-Man Lift Platforms, often used for large premises and hard to reach areas.
- Abseiling AKA Rope Access Cleaning can be hazardous for the untrained, but effective when it comes to cleaning office and apartment blocks.
- Vacuum cleaning is often required to remove dust and debris from various high-level items.
- Other equipment includes Hoists, Lifts, and Scaffolding.
Equipment is selected based on staff safety, premises to be cleaned, the surface to be cleaned and the area available for our team while minimising disruption to everyone affected.
Depending on the surface to be cleaned, we may recommend:
- Power Washing AKA jet washing or pressure washing
- DOFF Steam Cleaning
- Soft Washing
- Reach & Wash
- Shot Blasting
- Washing by Hand
- Plus, a range of other solutions when needed
Why choose Powells Window Cleaners
We provide a complete end-to-end service, we’ll visit your site assess the conditions, provide a detailed quote, and job specification along with completing a risk assessment before any work commences.
We can provide our services on a routine, periodic or one-off basis. We are flexible about how we work, can put together a contract proposal that encompasses all your cleaning requirements, not just the high-level ones.
Our teams are fully trained, accredited and insured to carry out any type of cleaning using the appropriate equipment effectively and efficiently.
We train our staff in-house and never use agencies; therefore, we fully guarantee our work and why we are confident about fulfilling our clients’ cleaning needs.
Fully insured: £10m Public Liability and £10m Employer Liability
Please contact us for more information on the high-level cleaning services.
Recommended Further Reading